Craniosacral Therapy Training

Certification programs for craniosacral therapy are offered by certain colleges or universities for students who meet qualifications. You can choose to take CST courses or complete a certification program even if you’re not already a physician, doctor, nurse, licensed massage therapist or another type of healthcare professional. CST courses can be beneficial for any”layperson” who is interested in using craniosacral adjustments for person/self use, or who wants to learn more about a technique that promotes relaxation and self-awareness.

However, keep in mind that in order to practice CST professionally and treat other people many states will require a license and completion of certain courses and exams. Qualifications to practice craniosacral therapy vary from state to state, just like with massage therapy, acupuncture, yoga, etc. To determine what type of training you need to complete in order to begin practicing CST, it’s best to check with your state licensing board to see what types of laws and restrictions apply.

You can visit the Upledger Institute International for more information on available craniosacral courses, including: CranioSacral Therapy 1 and 2, SomatoEmotional Release 1 and 2, and Advanced CranioSacral Therapy 1 and 2. Another resource regarding training is The American CranioSacral Therapy Association,  a “professional member organization dedicated to the research, development and advancement of the science, art and practice of CranioSacral.”


No Comments Yet.

Leave a comment